Anwärter Ski instructor course summer 2021 (1)
Ski Instructor Course in Hintertux
The first ten-day ski instructor’s summer course is in the Hintertux glacier ski area. The advantage of a summer course is that after obtaining your Anwärter diploma, you can immediately start applying for a job at your favourite ski school!
During this course, you will be coached by an English-speaking coach and a qualified ski instructor. The coach is familiar with the training programme and gives additional theory guidance in the evenings. He will help you with all the didactic basics of giving ski lessons and methodical steps you need to know in order to give a good ski lesson. One day before the practical exams, all important points are discussed so that you can get started in the best possible way. In addition, the coach will also be present to explain the programme of the course and that you know where you need to be. Our coach is always ready to answer your questions!
This programme includes
- Course fees and textbook
- 10 nights hotel with half board (breakfast and dinner)
- 10-day lift pass
- Coaching in English
- Job guarantee at the best ski schools in Austria
- Ski training in Austria for 4 hours (one day).
- Ski training in Austria for 8 hours (two days).
- German language course for ski instructors.
- Transfer between hotel and train station or hotel.
- Cancellation insurance.
- In the morning you have practical training on the piste, where you improve your own skills and learn how to teach skiing.
- In the afternoon there are theory lessons including didactics, methodology, movement learning, materials science, teaching children and first aid.
- In the evening the Englishspeaking coach will be present to help you with theory, practice and your ‘lehrauftritt’ (teaching).
It is important to start training fit and healthy. For this purpose, you can follow a two-day ski training course in Austria. If you haven’t been on skis for a while, we advise you to go to the training in Austria. During the ski training, you will learn the basics of the correct ski position and movement that you need to demonstrate at the practical exams. And of course, it is nice to get to know your fellow course members in advance!
German language course for ski instructors
The Anwärter course is an official Austrian vocational course and is taught in German. Introducing yourself and some “small talk” is the basis of what you should be able to do. If you are not very good at this yet, we recommend you to follow the online German course and then order the special ski instructor German course.