Anwärter Snowboard Instructor Course December 2021
Snowboard course in Westendorf
The ten-day snowboard instructor course in the Westendorf ski area has the great advantage that after obtaining your Anwärter diploma, you can travel directly to your ski school to work as a snowboard instructor. After the course you still have a few days to get to know the ski area, the village and the ski school before the ski season starts, that’s great! During this course, you will be coached by an English-speaking instructor and a qualified ski instructor. The coach is familiar with the course and gives additional theory guidance in the evenings. He will help you with all the didactic basics of giving ski lessons and methodical steps you need to know in order to give a good ski lesson. One day before the practical exams, all important points are discussed so that you can get the most out of it. In addition, the coach is also present to explain the programme of the course and to ensure that you know where you need to be. Our coach is always ready to answer your questions!
This programme includes
- Training costs and textbook
- 10 nights hotel with half board (breakfast and dinner)
- 10-day ski pass
- Guidance in English
- Job profiling at the best ski schools in Austria
- Snowboard training in Austria of 4 hours (one day)
- Snowboard training in Austria of 8 hours (two days)
- German language course for snowboard instructors
- Transfer to or from the airport or train station.
- Transfer to and from the airport or train station.
- Cancellation clause
- In the morning you have practical training on the pistes, where you improve your own skills and learn how to teach.
- In the afternoon there are theory lessons including didactics, methodology, movement theory, materials science, teaching children and first aid.
- In the evening, the English-speaking coach will be present to help you with theory, practice and your ‘lehrauftritt’ (teaching).
It is important to start training fit and healthy. If you have not been on skis for a while, we advise you to go to the training in Austria. During the ski training, you will learn the basics of the correct ski position and movement that you need to demonstrate at the practical exams. And of course, it is nice to get to know your fellow course members in advance!
German language course for ski instructors
The Anwärter course is an official Austrian vocational course and is taught in German. Introducing yourself and some small talk is the basis of what you should be able to do. If you are not very good at this yet, we recommend you to follow the online German course and then order the special ski instructor German course.