Landes 1 Ski Instructor course summer 2021
Ski Instructor Course in Hintertux
The ten-day Landes 1 ski instructor summer course is in the Hintertux glacier ski area. The advantage of a summer course is that after a season of training you can immediately start the next step in the Austrian qualification system!
During this course, you will be coached by an English-speaking coach and a qualified ski instructor. The coach is familiar with the course programme and gives additional theory guidance in the evenings. He will help you with all the didactic basics of giving ski lessons and methodical steps you need to know in order to give a good ski lesson. One day before the practical exams, all important points are discussed so that you can get started in the best possible way. In addition, the coach will also be present to explain the programme of the course and that you know where you need to be. Our coach is always ready to answer your questions!
This programme includes
- Course fees and textbook
- 10 nights hotel with half board (breakfast and dinner)
- 10-day lift pass
- Coaching in English
- Job guarantee at the best ski schools in Austria
- Ski training in Austria for 4 hours (one day).
- Ski training in Austria for 8 hours (two days).
- German language course for ski instructors.
- Transfer between hotel and train station or airport.
- Cancellation clause.
- In the morning you have practical training on the slopes, where you improve your own skills and learn to instruct at a higher level.
- In the afternoon there are theory lessons with didactics, methodology, movement studies, geography and alpine science.
- In the evening, the English-speaking coach is present to help you with theory, practice and your ‘lehrauftritt’ (teaching).
It is important to start training fit and healthy. For this purpose, you can follow a two-day ski training course in Austria. If you haven’t been on skis for a while, we advise you to go to the training in Austria. During the ski training, you learn what the exact parts are that you will be judged on during the practical exams. And of course, it is nice to get to know your fellow course members in advance!
German language course for ski instructors
The Landes courses are official Austrian vocational training courses and are taught in German. Introducing yourself and some small talk is the basis of what you should be able to do. If you are not good at this yet, we recommend taking an online German course and then ordering the special German ski instructor course. This is mainly aimed at the Anwärter material but is also useful for experienced ski instructors.